We are a Canadian based public corporation seeking a motivated individual for the Controller position based in Strasbourg, France. This position will require fluency in English as the working language. Knowledge of IFRS reporting for public corporations is a requirement. Exposure to North American or German accounting practices would be a benefit.
The Controller will be responsible for the financial management, accounting and forecasting for the financial resources of the Strasbourg based company. The Controller supports and advises the CFO with timely and accurate financial information on the basis of which the CFO can make informed decisions concerning the short, medium and long-term direction of the organization.
Duties would include:
- Prepare quarterly and year-end financial statement in accordance with IFRS accounting standards for Public enterprises.
- Prepare Tax reports
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Reconcile Balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Cash management
- Inventory control and reconciliation
- Forecast and budget preparation
- Manage cash flows
- Monitor the revenues and expenditures of the organization compared to budget and explain variances
- As authorized by the organization’s CFO, endorse cheques, contracts and other legal documents on behalf of the organization
- Develop, implement and monitor all finance-related policies and procedures, according to sound accounting practices and the needs of the organization
- Liaise with external financial accountants and the CFO to ensure production of annual financial statements
- Oversee financial elements of strategic partnerships with outside entities
- Coordinate all payroll requirements, including new hires, terminations and salary adjustments
- Administer employee benefits plan
- Maintain banking relations.
- Liaise with legal agents on financial matters
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities
The Controller will be a seasoned professional with at least 5 years of finance management experience. The Controller will ideally have experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, reporting) for small manufacturing with international clients, experience with Credit d’Impot Recherche a benefit.
- Professional accounting designation with a related university degree.
- At least five years of experience in a financial-management role.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, research and time management skills.
- Ability to work in an open and consultative communication style.
- Capacity to work both independently and as a strong team player, demonstrating flexibility, adaptability and responsiveness.
- Ability to set priorities, to act decisively and to exercise a high degree of initiative, diplomacy and judgment on a wide range of issues, especially when dealing with confidential matters.
- Superior skills in building and maintaining productive and supportive working relationships and dealing with others in a professional and respectful manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in accounting software and electronic payment systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (in particular Excel, Word) and totally fluent in modern office computer usage for white collar professional
Apply for Controller - Strasbourg
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.